Wednesday 1 April 2009

Knitting Socks?


Okay, you have worn me down Tracy and I have gone and bought some sock wool, but now in a dilemma as to what sock pattern to chose from.......HELP! Maybe you can help me here so I have something to bring along to our next meeting on Monday? Do you have a link that I can follow so I at least know what size needles to buy? I have looked on the Internet for some patterns, but want something either easy to follow or something you recommend.

Yours confused......

Carol

3 comments:

tracy said...

Carol, sorry you was not there last night. I have an easy pattern for your socks. If the wool is 4ply you will need 2.5mm needles if DK them 3mm needles. I will try and find a link for you so you can impress next time and have started them.
Tracy

tracy said...

Hi Carol
Here is a link to sock patterns.
You are better off starting with a top down pattern. So pick a sock any sock!!!!.
http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/socks.php
I will bring the basic sock pattern to the next meeting if you would rather that. Tracy

Carol said...

Thank you Tracy I will follow the link and bring my already started socks (hopefully) with me at the next meeting. I wasn't feeling well Monday night, which is why I didn't come along, will see you next time :) The wool is 4 ply, so I will buy the right size needles.

Brilliant! I can't wait, but feel that this is a big challenge for me.

Carol